Growing up, my family always traveled in the summer, so it was a long time before I ever experienced snow and freezing weather. When I went to BYU, I was actually excited for it to snow because I thought that it would be this amazingly cool thing. The first time it snowed, I admit that I was excited. I grabbed my roommate and my camera and took this picture:

This is pretty much the only picture that exists of me being in the cold and enjoying it. :-) After experiencing frozen limbs and some seriously nasty falls, it didn't take me long to make my Facebook status something like, "Carly hates fluffy show, wet snow, slushy snow, icy snow, powdery snow, slippery snow, muddy snow, white snow, and yellow snow."
I thought that leaving Utah and coming to Nashville would mean warmer winters. I am very sad to say that it's not any warmer. If anything, it's even colder!!! I don't know if it's the humidity or the wind chill or what, but it has suddenly gotten ridiculously cold here. Obviously it's not the coldest place in the country, but I was just hoping for it to be slightly warmer. And it's not even officially winter yet! I told Michael that as soon as he's done with school, we have to live somewhere warm. I am way too wimpy and whiny for cold weather.
I know, I know- just call me Mr. Scrooge. At least there is a lot making me smile despite the weather, like this:
Merry Christmas from Michael and Carly!
7 comments:
one word - CALIFORNIA. i'll try not to complain when it's 65 and "cold" this weekend. :)
When Irving wrote "White Christmas", the first verse says "...the orange and palm trees sway. There's never been such a day in Beverly Hills, L.A." And therefore, he only wanted to VISIT a place that's cold and has snow; not LIVE there. (That's a good argument, right??)
And I second it. CALIFORNIA baby!
Yellow snow, Carly?
I hate fall for the same reason!!!
You two sure make cute elves! Maybe you should consider a career change. Forget graduate school and work for Santa! Then again, I hear the North Pole is pretty cold.
If you're looking for nice winter weather, come on down and visit us here in Houston! We are looking at 70's tomorrow... I'm a snow girl though so it's so weird to think it's winter right now. It feels like fall maybe even summer!
girl, i am totally on board. forget the winter... yuck! Lol last year, to try and improve my mood while walking to school in the snow (which, being generous, was sour) I started listening to all the Harry Potter books. Major improvement... but now that I've heard them all about 18 times I'm wondering what magic I can find next to distract me from the nightmare that is winter in provo...
Post a Comment