I have never been a very good cook. Before I got married, I knew how to make pancakes, hamburger helper, and brownies from a box. Seriously. Luckily, a couple wonderful people gave me cookbooks for my wedding, which helped a lot. I found some relatively easy recipes and was able to actually make my husband a few good dinners here and there.
Well, as Pinterest grew to crazy popularity, I found myself with a growing Recipe board. Some of the recipes were actually pretty dang easy, so I started giving them a try. My husband was definitely a fan of my newest hobby. ;-) And as it turns out, I actually don't mind cooking at all when I have an easy recipe to follow. (I am still most definitely not a natural chef.... I need a very detailed, relatively simple recipe). However, sometimes I'd be eating dinner and think, "Oh, man, I'm going to have to remember to _______ the next time I make this." (fill in the blank with anything from 'cook this longer' to 'use a lot less cheese') And then I'd make it again and of course forget what I wanted to remember.
It was actually Michael's idea for me to start a blog with all the (mostly Pinterest) recipes I've been trying. He said something like, "You should write it all in a blog and then you can always look back at the things you wanted to remember.... plus, others could know what's worth making and what's not." Not a bad idea. Kind of like my own personal cookbook..... except that it's public. :-) And since so many of my "Pinterest friends" have a lot of the same recipes pinned, it could even be kind of useful to others. Besides, I get to be totally original because there are certainly NO 20-something LDS stay-at-home-moms with a cooking blog. Ha. ;-)
So yeah, if you ever need a new dinner idea, feel free to check it out:
http://carlysrecipes.blogspot.com
2 comments:
You sound like just the same type of chef that I am. I am a total recipe follower and can't understand how people "wing-it" on recipes. I even measure rice krispies for rice krispie treats (wow, that's an embarrassing admission). I love your recipes and I'll have to try them out!
Hey -- you forgot that you made chocolate chip cookies. From a tub of dough. Never mind.
These recipes look great.
Post a Comment