In the next 10 years:
-Hawaii. I feel like going there is some sort of rite of passage. I also feel like I'm one of the only people my age who hasn't been there. Oh, except for Michael. He hasn't been either, which is pretty perfect. Ideally, I'd like to go for our 5 year anniversary, so we've got a while to save up. I want to do all the Hawaii-ish things I see in movies, like hike to a waterfall and maybe even a volcano, and enjoy the amazing beaches with an umbrella in my drink.
- New York City. I spent one day there with my family almost ten years ago, and it was awesome!!! I wish we could have stayed longer. Such a cool city. Michael really wants to go here too, (he's never been) and while we're on the East Coast, I'd also like to take him to Boston. Boston is pretty cool too, and has so much history.
- San Francisco. Also a very cool city that's fun to explore. And again, Michael has never been, which needs to be fixed. Luckily we can travel here pretty cheap thanks to family living close to this city!
-Florida. I've been to Jacksonville and Orlando, but Michael hasn't been to Orlando and wants to go. We both also kind of want to check out Miami..... I think? Miami is a cool city, right? And we have family here (Orlando) as well. Woohoo!
-Nashville. I know, I know, we just moved away six months ago.... but we're already dying to go back to visit! We both agree that we still wouldn't want to live there forever, but Nashville will always hold a special place in our hearts. It was such a cool adventure to pack up and move there literally right after our honeymoon. I've missed it a lot lately. Southern life is different, and I'm so glad I got to experience it for a year. Plus, I want to take Matthew back there eventually and show him where he was born. :-)
-Chicago. I've just heard that it's a cool city. Anyone been there who could confirm/deny this for me?
Before we die:
-China. Don't ask me why, but I've always wanted to walk on the Great Wall.

- London. Michael has obviously been there.. (that's where he served his mission, and then he went back a few years ago with his mom) ....but I haven't been and I want to go so bad! Michael will be thrilled to go back again, I'm sure.
- Santorini, Greece. Every time I see a picture of this place, I think about how awesome it looks and how much I'd like to go there.
- Jerusalem. Oh man, the history. I absolutely must go here before I die.
- French Polynesia. This one is Michael's, but I have absolutely no problems with staying somewhere like this.... hello, Bora Bora:
- Italy. Venice and Rome, please.
We probably won't make it to all of these places, but we can dream, right? Any suggestions of anywhere else that we must go?
8 comments:
Florence and Cinque Terre while you're in Italy :). And there's no reason you can't go all these places before you die! Life is looooong, you got time ;) xox
We live in a suburb of Chicago and I can vouch for it's coolness. We have gone to some fun places in the city and have had some great food. So, yes, Chicago, is pretty gool.
Miami's coolness is debatable, but hooray for Orlando!! What kind of parents would you be if Matthew didn't get to experience Disney World before he's like, 1? :)
come see SF before it burns to the ground. :)
Bora Bora is on my bucket list too. I've already checked into it . . .$$$$$. Still on the list though. Wanna go together??
I was thinking instead of going to Jerusalem we could load up a revolver with one bullet, spin the chamber and play some Russian Roulette. Not gonna happen on Jerusalem. I am cool with all of the other places though.
We actually love to go to Texas... random, right? San Padre Island is so beautiful.
now you will be able to check SF off your list!
Post a Comment