Monday, November 19, 2012

Ready or Not - 2 Kids, Here We Come!

At this time of year, I am (obviously) always feeling extra thankful for my blessings.  This year I have been feeling especially grateful for my little family.  These boys are my world!


And of course, I haven't forgotten this little lady in my belly.  She has become part of my world too.... and Michael's.... and Matthew's.... although Matthew doesn't know it yet.  ;-)  

31 weeks!  And see my new iPhone?  Yep, love it.  Thanks Santa for coming early this year!

Have I mentioned that I'm excited to meet her?  Only 1000 times?  Well, I AM!  But with all that excitement comes a whole lot of nervousness too.  It's funny - while I feel like this time I will be able to appreciate those early days even more because I understand how fast they zoom by, I am also more scared because I know how hard they can be.  With all the fun and excitement and happiness comes a lot of exhaustion and stress.  While I am a firm believer that the good heavily outweighs the bad, I am scared of my biggest unknown - what life is going to be like with two kids.

I have seen countless women with more than one kid and they seem to be Supermom about it, but whoa, it is definitely weighing heavily on my mind that I won't be able to devote all my time and energy to just Matthew anymore.  Perhaps this is a good thing - despite our best efforts, Matthew has developed a small case of the Only Child Syndrome,  ;-)  but still.  It's scary for me to think of how I'm supposed to be a good mom to TWO kids - especially in those early days.  Any and all advice is appreciated!

As for a pregnancy update, I am actually feeling really, really good.  My SPD has been way more under control this time around and that has made a huge difference.  I am beyond grateful that I can still chase Matthew around, even if I am getting slower by the second!  I am appreciating my mobility now because I can tell that it won't be long before it becomes more limited.  My stomach seems to bother me a lot, but it isn't anything too terrible and if that's my only big complaint at this point, then I have it pretty dang good.  Braxton Hicks are rare.  I have no idea what heartburn even feels like.  My biggest craving at the moment is pastries.  Ugh!  Please don't even say "donut" or "cream cheese croissant" around me, or I just might lose control and eat a dozen of them.  :-/  Baby Girl has mostly stayed away from my ribs (what an angel!) but I'm sure as she gets bigger and chunkier she'll run out of room ... and I'll get those little feet in my ribs soon enough.  ;-)  She gets the hiccups ALL THE TIME, just like her big brother did.  She also likes to dance.... on my bladder.  When Michael puts his hand on my belly, it usually calms her down.  Daddy's girl already!

I am SO excited for the holidays!  And it's crazy to think that when they're all done, this baby will make her appearance within a  few weeks!  Woohoo!  Maybe she'll even be a really, really good sleeper and and never fuss.  It's possible, right!?  RIGHT!?  Ha, okay, I know better.  But regardless, I am thrilled for her to get here and come play with all of us!  She is already so, so loved!

4 comments:

Lani said...

you look so good! Ridiculous. In my family every November 19th is Pastry Day. So you should celebrate with us. No joke. I think you'll be fantastic with 2 kids. I have no idea how it is since I still only have the one but you'll get it. Are you going to CA for Christmas? please say yes.

Laura H. said...

OK, I've been trying to leave a comment about 10 times, but Benjamin is obsessed with the caps lock and deleting everything. Yeah, multiple kids is hard, but I love it so much more than just one. You'll be great and even though it will be an adjustment for everyone, soon you'll barely remember life with only Matthew.

GHFamily said...

You three will do great.

Cheri said...

I hardly remember the first 6 months with two. Having them so close is killer but after that first year you will be so so so glad. E and T are best friends.