So I love living in Phoenix in the winter, and now - poof- just like that, it's gone! Ahh! All the nice weather that comes with January and February went by SO fast (I guess that's what happens when you're in the brand-new-baby-craziness-phase) and I feel like I barely got to enjoy it. Dang. Now Spring is here and while the weather is still pretty good, it is creeping into the 90's already so I am trying to be brave and get the kids out twice every day. (In a month or so, we really won't be able to hang out outside anymore). It's never for long, but at least it's happening. Is it sad that I still feel awesome every time I get the kids out by myself? Probably. :-) In my defense, Matthew is a good kid, but he can definitely be difficult. We've nicknamed him The Tornado since he basically is one, both indoors and outdoors. When he gets to go outside he immediately starts running in any direction he feels like, without waiting for me and the growing-heavier-by-the-minute car seat with his sister inside. Sure, I try and try to tell him to "Stay with me!" and all that good stuff, but he seriously steps outside, lets out a squeal of joy about being out of the apartment, and just takes off. Sigh. We need to work on obedience. I've had to resort to carrying him from our apartment to the car, which he hates because HE.JUST.WANTS.TO.BE.FREE.OUTSIDE but I don't have much of a choice at the moment. And when we go on walks? Kate's in the umbrella stroller and I usually spend most of the walk with an elevated heart rate as I work oh so hard to keep Matthew away from the street and other death traps without abandoning poor Kate. It helps to ask Matthew to help me push the stroller, which makes him feel pretty important. And yes, we have a double stroller, but Matthew needs his time outside on his FEET. Lots of energy he's gotta run out. It's certainly nice on weekends when Michael is around so that there's a parent for each kid!
But anyway! Enough ranting, because even though it's kind of hilariously difficult at times, I actually love our time out of the house. Kate is so sweet and usually quite accommodating and well-behaved. She is actually a relatively easy baby.... (other than her fussy time in the evening, but that's okay.... she makes up for it by being awesome through the night) and I sure appreciate it. She loves to watch her brother The Tornado run around outside and in the house, and even puts up with all his poking like a champ. And Matthew loves Kate as well. I can't wait until they can play together a little better. He's a lot of fun and I'm sure Kate will love having such an energetic, funny, and sweet playmate.
Spring-time, I will miss you, as you are very, very short here in the desert. We will be outside as much as possible for the next few weeks, and then I'll have to start living at the splash pad and indoors for a while..... a long while. :-/ We will definitely be making a couple trips to the beach this summer!
2 comments:
I have a good idea to beat the Phoenix heat -- move here!! I miss those little cuties!
No, move HERE! Cousins need their cousins, AND I have an almost-babysitter for you too!
Post a Comment