Saturday, July 20, 2013

New House!

We bought a house!!!  Woohoo!  I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am to get away from apartment living.  Some apartments aren't that bad, but ours is pretty terrible.... not to mention we have completely outgrown this place.  I have been beyond antsy to get somewhere where we have a bit more room.  :-)  And I'm so excited to finally have that place!



On our porch.  I'll have to get another pic of the whole house.

Anyway, we closed on Tuesday and then on Wednesday my dad drove up here to help us transform the loft into a fourth bedroom.  Lofts can be great, but at this stage in our lives, another bedroom is WAY more useful.  In just a couple of days, the room went from this -


to this!


So glad my dad is so handy, because he saved us a TON of money.  Plus, Michael loved learning so much.


We are now working on a couple of other small(er) projects before move-in, which should be next weekend.  These projects are mostly painting.  Then, after we finally move in and get settled, someone come help me decorate!  :-)

5 comments:

Dad said...

I keep thinking of things we didn't get done while I was there. Maybe we can come for the Gilbert Temple openhouse and finish up! Loved the trip and the breaktime/playtime with Matthew and Kate.

hales said...

Me me me! I want to help decorate!

GHFamily said...

Hurray for you Carly!

westoverwhatnots said...

This is so exciting! What fun! I'm so happy for you guys!

Kelsie Peterson said...

So awesome! I wish I knew how to do all that handy man stuff! Congrats on owning a house!