My girl is a year and a half! Crazy!
Kate is still such a joy. I have a blast hanging out with her and Matthew every day. She is fun and spunky and is learning about the world so quickly.
She is still an amazing night sleeper but a horrible napper. She has already been on the one nap schedule for several months.... and half the time, she takes no nap at all. Luckily she makes up for it by being a dream through the night, but sheesh, she sure is a little grump in the evenings from being so tired and usually has to go to bed pretty early. I'm dreaming of the day we can all go out as a family in the evening and have a pleasant time. ;-)
Kate has become Little Miss Independent. She doesn't really like us to help her with anything unless she absolutely cannot do it by herself. Sometimes I laugh when I watch her refuse any help as she struggles to do something on her own and then finally look at me with defeat and say, "Help." (Which comes out, "Helph.")
Kate loves bubbles, the moon, going for walks, swimming, and reading books. She also loves jewelry! If I don't put any on her and she can't find any laying around, she'll steal mine. I have high hopes about her getting into dress-up in the not-too-distant future.
Kate loves to watch Micky Mouse Clubhouse. It's actually the only thing she'll watch right now. Luckily, that also happens to be Matthew's current TV show of choice. If you ask her about Micky Mouse, she'll say, "Minnie." "Daisy." (Her favorites). Her favorite songs are, "Slippery Fish," "Old MacDonald," and "I Am A Child of God."
Kate loves to climb all over furniture, including the stairs. Agh. I've spent more time on our stairs lately than I'd prefer, but I suppose the sooner she gets good on them, the better. She loves jumping on the couches and the bed and plopping onto her bum.
Her favorite foods include crackers, cookies, smoothies, pizza, Nutri Grain bars, strawberries, french fries, hot dogs, and waffles. Hey, there were a couple healthy foods in there. ;-) She absolutely loves when her food comes with ketchup, which she calls, "sauce." She can dip her fries in ketchup like a pro. When the fries run out she starts dipping her finger and eating the ketchup by itself. Ewww. I then take the ketchup away and she gets mad. (Sorry lady, but that grosses me out too much). She is totally obsessed with lollipops. Lollipops have saved my sanity at the grocery store lately. As long as she has one, she behaves.
Half the time she thinks Matthew is hilarious and the other half of the time she is bugged by him. Ha! In all fairness, he definitely spends a fair amount of time picking on her. Luckily the girl is slowly learning to stand up for herself. ;-) She loves giving Matthew kisses and he can make her laugh pretty dang hard. Overall I would say that they get along well. They are each other's best buddies and she lights up like a Christmas tree when Matthew runs into her room every morning to greet her after she wakes up. I am so glad that they have each other.
These last 18 months have been absolutely wonderful. Love you Kate!


1 comment:
Growing up too fast!
Post a Comment