My kids LOVE helping me in the kitchen. Especially Matthew! If you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he'll quickly inform you that he wants to be "a missionary and a chef!" Seriously, the second they hear me preparing food, they'll be begging to "help." This is especially true when they hear the KitchenAid mixer going, since they automatically assume that means I'm making cookies or some other treat. (They're usually right.)
Anyway, I found a cute little class through the city called "Crazy Chefs" that was basically a cooking class for kids. It was perfect for them and I especially loved that they could do it together. They are BFF's these days! Every week they enjoyed going to "chef class" and were super excited to show off to me their cooking masterpieces. They mostly made kid food, such as cookies, pigs in a blanket, english muffin pizzas, and simple cream cheese danishes.
I know that they probably won't always be so excited to help me in the kitchen, and I know I'll miss it. (Even though sometimes their "helping" isn't always super convenient.) ;-) Love these cuties and their love of creating good food, or ANY food really. Haha. Seriously, could this preschool age be any more fun!?
No comments:
Post a Comment