Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Frogs, snails, and puppy-dogs' tails....

.... that's what my husband is made of! When I got engaged, I got lots of advice from a lot of different people. I remember that my boss at the time (who is a male in his late twenties) told me, "Remember that all men are really just little boys in bigger bodies." I told him that I definitely already knew that because I have two brothers who have proven that statement very correct. However, being married has shown me that his statement was even more true than I realized. I came to this understanding one day last week when I was doing my hair in the bathroom. I realized that I hadn't heard any noises from Michael in about five minutes and my first thought was, "Uh-oh, he must be up to no good." Usually he is talking to me or going on about something philosophical or singing made-up words to a song. :-) I went to check on him and found him making a mess. Right then I realized that if not hearing anything meant he was up to no good, I really was married to a little boy in a bigger body. Haha! By the way, he doesn't act like a child in an 'ugh-my-husband-is-so-childish' type of way, but in a really funny way.... at least most of the time. ;-)

After that I started looking for more ways that Michael acts like a little boy and grabbing the camera whenever I caught one. This is what I found:


I have woken up freezing quite a few times because he steals the blanket AND my pillow!


He begs me to buy Goldfish every time I go to the store and then sits too close to the TV while eating them on the floor. Yes, I tell him to scoot back... or sit on the nice comfy couches we have.

I told him that after I took the picture, he couldn't do this anymore. :-)

Anyway, I tease him about all of these things, but really I can't help but smile when I'm picking up Cheerios off the floor. He definitely keeps my life interesting! Love you Michael! And I'm really probably making the situation worse when I do things like not let him go to his first day of classes before I take a first day of school picture. :-)


Life in Nashville is good. I am keeping busy by exploring, scrapbooking, and finishing up my thank-you notes. Michael likes school and is already planning his thesis. We are excited for fall to come - we hear that fall in Nashville is beautiful!!

6 comments:

Cheri said...

He can't steal your "pillow" - that hardly qualifies as a pillow! And, what mess was he making??

Cheri said...

oh, and i LOVE the pink bedding.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your husband is a real catch. Man, you are so lucky to have him. I bet he loves you soooooooooooooooooo much. ;) I love you Carly. Thanks for the public humiliation.

Dad said...

Carly,
Everything that Michael does, I do. Sound normal to me. Michael will just have to learn to make a little noise once in a while to keep you off his trail.

Dixons said...

I do all of those things too. (Matt)

GHFamily said...

You are too funny Carly!