Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Here are some pictures of our apartment!

The living room

We don't have a real dining room, but luckily we have a spacious living room so the dining table fits nicely.

This is the view looking into the kitchen from the living room/dining area.

The kitchen

The bathroom

Our bedroom is totally pink! Believe it or not, I actually didn't mean for it to be THIS pink. We got a pink lamp and when we turned it on we found out that it tints our room pink! Oops. The pink bedding was the cheapest we could find that was comfortable, and since I love pink, I couldn't complain. After that, we just went with it. Can't say I mind too much, and luckily, Michael doesn't either. :-)

Last but not least, this is our guest room/storage room/Michael's study room. Michael also uses the closet in this room since I pretty much took up all the closet space in our room. He's so nice!

We really like our apartment. Our only complaints are that some of the stuff is really old and doesn't work very well (such as the dishwasher) and there are plenty of spiders. I am beyond terrified of spiders, so that's been quite the adjustment. :-)

We have been having lots of fun and have made some really good friends. We have also been exploring the city. Some of our adventures include walking around downtown, checking out the Titans stadium, and visiting Centennial Park, which is the most famous park in Nashville. It has a replica of the Parthenon which is pretty neat, although we haven't taken the tour of the inside yet.



Wedding pictures are almost done so I will post some when I get them!

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Love it! Perfect for newlyweds. :) The bathtroom is my favorite, I think.

Laura H. said...

Like Cheri said, it's the perfect newlywed place. And even though it doesn't work well, be grateful for the dishwasher. We'd didn't get one until after San Diego. And if you think YOU have a pink room, check out the master of a friend of ours. Wow. That is all I can say.

http://shmumfy.blogspot.com/2009/06/seeing-everything-in-pink-black.html

westoverwhatnots said...

Love your pictures! You even have a real bookcase! (My first apartment as a newlywed had only cinderblocks with boards across them for books and to hold the tv.) So glad you're being a "tourist". There are so many beautiful and historical places in Nashville and the surrounding area. Have the leaves started turning yet?

GHFamily said...

I love love love the pink bedroom!

kels said...

haha! that pink room is amazing! sounds like michael is dealing with the pink much better than I would ;) glad your new place is so great!