One of the best things about having people come visit us is that I get a great excuse to act all touristy. :-) A few weeks ago Michael's mom, Kathy, came to visit us and I think we took her to almost every tourist attraction in the state of Tennessee. And of course, I had a blast.
We first took her to downtown Nashville. It's nothing special, but there's always lots of live music going on and it's fun to walk by and listen.
After we were done at Graceland, we decided to check out the city a little more. Like I mentioned, nothing impressive, except some good BBQ, and the Grizzlies arena.
During the rest of the week we also went to the parthenon, Opryland, and the Belmont mansion. And of course, we showed her around Lipscomb.
While me and Michael have been to the parthenon a few times, this was our first time actually going inside. Pretty cool.
Just outside of Opryland
Inside the Opryland Resort :)
Belmont Mansion- this belonged to a woman who had ridiculous amounts of money. It's now in the middle of Belmont University.
We had a great time touring Tennessee and spending time with Kathy. I'm excited for the next time we have visitors so we can do it again! :)
4 comments:
I want to come be a tourist there!
So fun! Michael's mom is so cute. I remember when she was in town for his birthday a couple of years ago in Provo. Hope you guys are doing well!
That all looks so fun. (And that blue sweater you're wearing is so cute!)
Happy Birthday today! Hope you have a good one and that Michael gives you lots of good presents.
Post a Comment