Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Third Trimester

Well, as of today, I am officially in my third trimester, and I thought that it was time for a pregnancy update. First, here is my 28 week picture: (taken this morning)


I am definitely starting to get bigger! A little over a month ago I started to actually look pregnant enough for a couple strangers to tell me congratulations on my baby. I was super excited when this happened because it meant that I actually looked pregnant as opposed to looking like I'd been eating too many milkshakes and candy bars. However, I was warned that as more and more random people started noticing my belly, not all the comments I would get would be super nice. I told myself over and over again to not get offended if/when people started calling me huge, and it's a good thing that I at least sort of prepared myself because I had a convo a few days ago that went something like this:

(me and Michael get into the elevator after touring the OB unit at the hospital)
Random Lady: When are you due?
Me: August
Random Lady: Wow, you still have TWO WHOLE MONTHS!? (while looking wide-eyed at my belly)
Me: (thinking, 'uh, it's actually much closer to three months than two, thank you very much') "Yeah...."
Random Lady: And you're carrying so low!
Me: (wondering how to answer that.... with a 'thank you?' or just another 'yeah?' - so I just nod my head)
(elevator doors open and we walk separate ways)

Rude! It's true that some people don't filter very well. I guess telling me that I'm carrying low isn't so bad, but I don't really love being indirectly called huge. :) I vented to Michael about it for a minute (I could tell he was trying not to laugh) :) and got over it. Sadly, I'd better get used to it!

The baby gets hiccups a lot. I never felt them until last week but ever since, he has gotten them at least every other day. Poor guy. At least it never lasts very long.

Michael and the baby love playing together already. Michael will push on my belly and the baby will push back. It's pretty cute. And, it's great entertainment for all three of us during boring talks at church. (Am I allowed to say that?)

The baby measured kind of big at my last ultrasound, so I have a fear of delivering an 11 pound baby. His kicks actually make me jump because they are already so strong, and this doesn't really help me worry any less about him being big, haha.

I get full really fast and hungry really fast. I imagine that this will only get worse as that 40 week mark gets closer. My bladder is starting to shrink, ;-) and I have put away all of my pre-pregnancy pants and shorts. I'm always hot. The super, super hot weather lately doesn't help. I have never felt any Braxton Hicks contractions.


I still feel that while I've definitely had my discomforts, I have had a relatively easy pregnancy. I am very lucky. And I am still SO excited for this little boy to come. Preparing for another Byram is even more fun than I hoped it would be. He is already so loved by me, Michael, and our family and friends. Is it August yet???

7 comments:

hales said...

You look cute.

Cheri said...

for every rude comment you get you'll get 5 or 6 nice ones. people will tell you look like tiny (like me, right now). i think everyone just feels like they need to make a comment, and say the first thing they can think of.

miss you! can't wait to hold that little baby!

Mitchell Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mitch and Angela said...

We are so excited for you! You most definitely look adorable NOT huge! :) Glad to hear things are going well!

Cheri said...

so i just read my previous comment and it totally sounds like i'm referring to MYSELF as tiny, instead of me saying that right now i'm telling you that YOU look tiny. just so don't think i'll all conceited, or pregnant! :)

Kelsie Peterson said...

You look so great! That's hilarious about the elevator convo. Elevators always make everything more awkward. :) We're so excited for you and Michael. Good luck with the humidity! It's starting to hit here too.

Gary and Michelle said...

Most important...you look happy. We are happy for you.