Saturday, June 25, 2011

On My Mind

In no particular order....

- Only a couple more months until I'm officially a mom. I can't decide if my due date is coming on fast or slow. I change my mind every day. Sometimes I really just want my baby to be here, but other times I stress out thinking about how much I still don't know and how many things I have to do to get ready. I'm definitely going to be driving my family and friends crazy over the next several weeks asking them things like what brand of diapers is the best and whether or not to invest in a baby swing.
- I am actually watching The Bachelorette this season. I have never watched it before now, and it really is addictive. It's also two hours, and I really really hate when TV shows are two hours long, unless it's So You Think You Can Dance. ;-) It just feels like such a waste of time. I'll finish this season, and enjoy every minute of it, but I probably won't watch it anymore after that. Also, Ashley should choose JP. And I heard that Bentley comes back, which is very upsetting. (he chose to leave a couple episodes ago, and he's beyond evil) I hope he gets dumped.


- I can't wrap my brain around certain trends that stay popular for way too long. Right now, I'm baffled by guys who wear skinny jeans and/or have a faux hawk. What in the world?!?!? Who are the three women out there in America who told men that these things look cool?


- We might be moving shortly after the baby comes. It all depends on where Michael gets a job. I'd love to move to the West, but moving is SUCH a pain, and I imagine moving with a newborn would be even worse.
- I have never made really good chocolate chip cookies. I have no idea what's wrong with me. Nobody else seems to have this problem. I have even gotten recipes from people who make really awesome chocolate chip cookies but my cookies never turn out like theirs do! I don't seem to have any problems following any other cookie recipe, so I don't get it. I might just give up, but any advice is welcome.

- I want to get that 'shatter' nail polish. It's cool looking.

- I made some really yummy burritos this week for dinner, and even my fast food-loving husband went as far to say that they were better than Chipotle burritos. I'm pretty sure he changed his mind after they made his stomach upset a few hours later. Oops. Not really my fault though- he has a weak stomach, remember? ;-) Okay, I probably should have left the peppers out, (spicy food doesn't always love him as much as he loves it) so maybe it is my fault.
- I am so happy that it's summer, and that our cicada infestation is over. (Big, loud, nasty bugs that emerge from the ground once every 13 years in Tennessee). I love summer activities and even though I will be huge and hot, summer is the best. :)

- This is kind of funny:

9 comments:

Mark and Kim said...

Try unsalted butter-softened not melted-and take the cookies out of the oven before they look done. Then let them sit on the cookie sheet a couple minutes and transfer them to a wire rack. I think over-baking is the biggest culprit--1 minute too long can ruin them!

Cheri said...

Don't talk to everyone, just to me.:) and I will make you cookies when o come out. And I want your burrito recipe.

Dad said...

Random blog. Loved reading it though.

Kelsie Peterson said...

Such a fun post! I feel like I just got to chat with you for a couple of minutes. :) I love that last pic of the states that's way funny! Move to Texas!

hales said...

I vote you move out west. ALL the way west. I know -- L.A. area!

Laura H. said...

Buy the good kind of diapers (Huggies or Pampers are about the same) for the first little while. Then I just use whatever is cheapest, b/c their little bums are tougher. :) If you're lucky enough to have a Costco nearby and a membership, their diapers are just as good as the brand name ones. I totally agree about retarded man-styles. And I want your burrito recipe too.

Jake and Ashley Schroeder said...

Carly you are so funny, and reading this blog made me remember all of our random late night conversations :) You are going to be a fabulous mother, don't even worry. Once your little one is born it's remarkable how you just know how to love and take care of them. i would also like your burrito recipe :)

Anonymous said...

You hating on my hair?!!!!!
-Chad Adams (Adam Hales)

the schlesingers said...

We think you should move to nebraska!! "The good life!"