Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth of July

We had a great time on the Fourth of July this year. It didn't start out so wonderful, but then the day got better and better. I had wanted to go to the lake because that's the next best thing to the beach, (and I grew up going to the beach on the Fourth) but by the time we got there we were told to turn around because it had already reached the maximum capacity. Bummer! So we came home and watched a few episodes of our latest favorite TV show, House. Then we headed over our friends' apartment (Brandon and Anna) for a BBQ. They are awesome! Their adorable little baby boy isn't even a month old yet and they still threw a fabulous party.

Then, some of our other new friends, Nic and Christy, hooked us up with an amazing place to watch the fireworks in downtown Nashville. Unlike almost everyone else who watched the fireworks downtown, we didn't even have to get there super early. Awesome. We went to the top of a building downtown and watched the fireworks from the balcony.


Anna, me, and Christy. We matched, so I had to take a girls picture. :)


I'm not sure where we'll be next year on the Fourth, but our Fourth of July in Nashville was definitely a good one!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

We didn't do the beach on Monday because we heard the crowds and traffic are just awful. So we just went swimming instead. I'm jealous that you got to see fireworks! (And I want to see another side shot of you/my nephew!)

hales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hales said...

Sounds like a fun day. And we didn't go to the beach either. It's almost blasphemous! At least you got to see fireworks, and that's what counts on the 4th.