Friday, August 12, 2011

All Kinds Of Good Things

Lots of great things have been happening around here lately. I never even mentioned that Michael finished school a couple weeks ago! What a stud. He now holds a Master's degree. Well, technically he will after he defends his thesis next week, but close enough. He thinks his new title should be Master. He wishes. ;-)
Also, last weekend was fabulous. My amazing friend Anna threw me a baby shower and it was perfect! The theme was 'ABC' and it was adorable. That girl really knows how to throw a party. She has a good amount of the pictures but here are a few that I took with my camera....

Cute invitation huh? (I crossed out her address in Photoshop for this picture because I didn't think Anna would appreciate me advertising her address to the blogging world).

The food was seriously so yummy.

A few of the guests....

Me and Anna

I am so thankful for such good friends and family here in Tennessee, Utah, Vegas, and CA that have been more than generous and have spoiled our little boy rotten already. THANK YOU EVERYONE! You are all so great.

Anyway, last weekend was also our first anniversary!! It was actually on Sunday, so we mostly celebrated on Friday and Saturday. On Friday we saw a movie with some free movie tickets we had, and on Saturday after my shower we went to a Color Me Mine type place and then out to dinner. Am I weird for loving Color Me Mine type places even though I have absolutely no artistic ability whatsoever? Probably. Anyway, we made salt and pepper shakers because I needed some anyway. We even made them lovey-dovey. ;-)

This last year has flown by. Being married to Michael has been so wonderful and so much fun, and I am looking forward to our second year together! (And an eternity after that!)

Have I mentioned yet that there are only 18 days left until my due date? That's another wonderful thing happening around here. :) I am feeling enormous, excited, and nervous. Mostly excited though. We have narrowed down our name choices to Matthew and Joshua. The middle name is Michael. Speaking of names, why is it that we already have all our girl names picked out, but boy names have been the biggest headache ever for us? Sheesh. Anyway, now that we have his name almost figured out, I would love for him to grace us with his presence any day now.... I know a lot of people go over their due date though (especially first-time moms!) so I'll try to be patient. :)

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Cute salt and pepper shakers. I've never been to a Color Me Mine.

Your shower looks adorable! I wish I could have been there.

GHFamily said...

18 days! It's just about over!