We loaded up the moving truck and Michael left for Phoenix with the truck and our car on a Friday around noon. Me and Matthew stayed in the almost empty apartment until Monday. It was a long few days.... all I had was a suitcase, a laptop, a phone, an air mattress, (borrowed from our friends) and Matthew. Thank heavens Matthew kept me entertained! :-) This is what our living room looked like:
Matthew took lots of short naps on my pillow, but I didn't let him sleep there at night when I couldn't keep an eye on him. He loved those pillow naps though.
We enjoyed each other's company, but I'm pretty sure he missed his dad.... (I did too)
During those few days I gave Matthew a bath using this baby bath thing..... I didn't think I'd ever use it so it didn't make it into the moving truck and ended up getting left behind in Nashville. Bummer, because I actually loved it. It held Matthew up (but still partially in the water) so well. I love this picture, because it shows Matthew's classic 'bath hands'- he hates putting his hands in the water even though he loves his baths.
Anyway, Matthew really started to learn to smile during this time, and I still haven't really gotten a good picture of it! Lame. I did, however, get a picture of the very end of a smile when my friend was about to take us to the airport.... you can kinda tell he'd just been smiling right? ;-)
I was super anxious about the plane ride with Matthew, especially because he was being so fussy in the airport! This picture was taken in the airport just before he woke up angry.... haha.
Luckily, the plane ride wasn't too bad. He cried a little but mostly slept. Woohoo!It was SO nice to get to Phoenix and have a furnished apartment again. Sitting on the floor really gets old after a couple days. Our new apartment is great, other than the ancient kitchen appliances and the fact that we can hear EVERY STEP (no exaggeration) that our upstairs neighbors take. And every step that their dog takes. Ugh. But this apartment has two bathrooms and an actual dining area and a walk-in closet!! Oh how I love my walk-in closet. However, on my second day here our AC went out. Not okay for 100 degree weather! So Matthew wore this for the afternoon until we got the maintenance guy to come fix it.
So yeah, I like Phoenix a lot so far. The weather is great (I'm sure I'll be humming a different tune come next summer... but this winter will be fabulous) and we live in a nice neighborhood with so much good shopping nearby! Seriously, me and Matthew go window shopping every day to a new store. He loves just looking around from his car seat in the cart at all the shelves.
I put a toy on his car seat the other day thinking he might swat at it, but he's too young I guess because he looked at it like it was going to bite him.
I also decorated our apartment for Halloween before I even got our apartment completely unpacked. I love that I can make Matthew all festive too.
And because this is funny- this is the kind of thing that happens whenever Michael and Matthew are left alone together... :)
Oh, and we celebrated Michael's 26th birthday.... Matthew's present was finding his voice and having a nice conversation with his dad. Pretty cute.
We're glad to be (almost) settled in and so much closer to family. I'm excited to get to know Phoenix better!
5 comments:
Can't wait to see you guys. But let's be honest -- mostly Matthew. He needs some major spoiling!
So cute! I'm glad the move went well, though I'm still bummed we couldn't make it up before you left.
I love his bath hands! So funny! Can't wait to hold that cute baby.
Great job with the blog - it feels like we already know Matthew!
hooray! I'm so glad you like it there :) and I hope you have a nice time with your family for the baby blessing! (your mom told me)
Post a Comment