Saturday, November 12, 2011

Things I'm Loving Right Now

We have the loudest neighbors ever upstairs. And when I say loud, I mean LOUD. There are seriously about 14 people that live there, including a bunch of kids. The kids stomp and jump constantly. A man yells at people and paces over our bedroom ALL THE TIME... including at 2 a.m. (He's had the cops called on him, although we didn't do it). They drop things a lot. And the dog is usually running all over the place. They wake up Matthew from his naps at least twice a day, and he's not that light of a sleeper. I complain to Michael about it at least 10 times a day. Even though he always lets me vent about it and makes me feel better, I'm sure it gets old to him because the other day even I got sick of hearing myself complain about it. I figured it was time to start remembering all the things I'm loving right now, especially when it's so close to Thanksgiving. So, now that I've vented to the blogging world, it's time to end things on a better note. :-) Here's what I'm loving right now:

1. Créme brue hot chocolate. My friend wrote about it as her Facebook status and I just had to try it. I'm now addicted. In case you're interested, make regular hot chocolate and then add créme brue creamer. Delicious.

2. The weather! It's still in the upper 70's and I'm loving it. It has been way too long since I've lived somewhere where it's still warm at this time of year.

3. Running. Thanks to SPD, (not serious, but quite painful) I was unable to really exercise from about 24 weeks on during my pregnancy, and then for several weeks after I had Matthew. Even walking was too much a lot of the time. This resulted in gaining a bit too much weight.... not cool! However, the pain has been totally gone for several weeks now and I'm once again able to run to my heart's content. It feels awesome.

4. All the Christmas decor up in stores. It makes me so happy and excited for Christmas, plus Matthew LOVES lights, and he could stare at the Christmas lights for hours. I can't wait to get our tree up!

5. Our new ward. Everyone is so friendly and we already feel so welcome. We also got called back into Primary, which will be fun. Michael is extra excited - he (not being a member yet) never went to Primary growing up and he thinks it's a blast.

6. Pinterest. I don't need to explain this one. Everyone is obsessed right now, including me.

7. Michael's job. We know we are blessed that he's employed during this hard economic time. Also, he gets home every day by 4. I love it.

8. My boys!
Michael is so supportive and great, and Matthew is so much fun. I love the age he's at right now - he's still little enough for me not to get too depressed about how big he's getting, (that sounded weird, but you know what I mean) but he's SO interactive and learning so much every day. He's got the cutest laugh, but he sure is a tough crowd. I guess he already thinks his parents aren't funny. At least he still smiles at us all the time.

Happy Thanksgiving! (in a couple weeks....)

5 comments:

Michael B. said...

Um... why are your boys number 8 on that list?

hales said...

She saved the best for last!

Mitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheri said...

NEED TO HOLD THAT BABY. and i think i need to know more about creme brulee creamer.

Cheri said...

oh...and seriously? "run to your heart's content?" you don't LIKE it, do you?