Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hot and Sunny

I have no idea why I even bother checking the weather every day.  It's always pretty depressing when you see the same, sad weather over and over again.  Well over 100 degrees.  Hot.  Sunny.  Little to no wind.  Last week we actually had a tiny bit of rain and it was cause for a huge celebration.  But then, of course, the clouds cleared and it was hot and sunny once again.

Since complaining about Phoenix in July gets old pretty fast, I've really been trying to make the most of it.  It might be harder to find a variety of things to do at this time of year, but I'm unbelievably glad that Matthew loves water.  There are plenty of water activities to do, and we are loving all the water memories that we're making.  

Our favorites:  The splash pad, our apartment's pool, and the kiddie pool I recently bought.  Excellent purchase.

I am also planning on introducing Matthew to the joys of water balloons sooner rather than later.


Matthew does great in his baby float, but he loves swimming "on his own" the best.


This splash pad is not really meant for babies.  The fountains are super powerful and meant for older kids.  However, Matthew thinks they're great - even when they hit him in the face and knock him over.







I know I know - our porch is in serious need of a good sweeping.  It's on our to-do list for this weekend. :-)

Happy Summer!  Would it be too juvenile of me to make a paper chain counting down the days until Fall? 

5 comments:

Kelsie Peterson said...

ha ha not at all! I love paper chains. We're hoping for some cooler weather here too.

hales said...

Great splash pad pictures. And Matthew has always been ahead of the game anyway.

jksfam said...

I'm dreading moving to Florida with the heat and humidity! In case you didn't already know this, you can wash the swim diapers in the washing machine and let them air dry and use them again. Only do this with peed in or less, though... :) I found actual washable ones before, but don't know if those still exist.

Cheri said...

Washable exist! And wash them on the delicate cycle...you can use them 3 times!

GHFamily said...

Cute pictures!