Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I have been dying to get to the beach all summer.  Finally, last weekend, we did!  We had a weekend full of fun activities and it went by way too quickly.

We started off our weekend in LA by going down to the beach with my parents and my brother.  The weather was so perfect.  Matthew was already loving the attention from his grandparents and all the new textures.  (sand, etc).  Even though he was exhausted, (he had woken up SUPER early for our morning flight) we all had a great time.





My brother gave Michael a short surfing lesson.... that was funny.  ;-)  In Michael's defense, the waves definitely weren't "beginner" waves that day.

 started out lookin pretty good...


 oops  :)

double oops

On Sunday we enjoyed a relaxing day, and on Monday we headed to the Fiesta Hermosa Fair.  It's full of vendors, free stuff, a band, and good food.  I've missed going the last several years so it was nice to be able to enjoy that again.  We also enjoyed some more beach time since the weather was so perfect.  That night, I made ornaments with my mom.  Mostly Christmas ones, but a Halloween one as well.  I think they turned out pretty cute!  I especially like the pearl one on the bottom left!  (time consuming, but oh so cute!)


The next morning Michael, Matthew, and I headed to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach.  I'd heard of it but never actually been.  It was fun and really cool, and Matthew was in heaven exploring the place and trying to find a way into the fish tanks.  When it comes to sea life, Michael is afraid of jellyfish, I am afraid of spider crabs, (gross!) and Matthew is afraid of nothing... yet.








We finished off the day with a trip to the park, (SO nice to have beautiful weather that allowed Matthew to run around at a park for more than 3 minutes) and an early dinner before heading to the airport.  It made me sad to take Matthew away from all the fun he was having.....


..... and I don't think he was too thrilled to be leaving.  (this was taken at the airport)


Now we're just trying to get used to not having quite so many fun people around and Matthew is catching up on his sleep.  Thanks Mom and Dad for having us!

2 comments:

hales said...

Come back!

Cheri said...

coveting your ornaments!! (what are you going to do with the halloween one?)