Are you a list person? For most of my life, I have NOT been a list person. Not for groceries, chores, organization, or anything. I remember that in college me and my roommates would often make trips to the grocery store together and they would all go out to the car with a grocery list in hand. I never once made one because I preferred to just decide what to eat once I got to the store. This never inconvenienced me or my roommates because I was done at the same time as everyone else.
When I first got married, I was the same way. Even though I usually had a slightly better idea of what we'd be eating for dinner for the next several nights, I still wouldn't make any type of grocery list. I'd just go to the store with an idea in my head of what I needed and even though I did occasionally forget something, it usually turned out just fine.
And if he accidentally forgets ("forgets?") :) to get something done, I give him a very friendly reminder. ;-)
I know, it's kind of obnoxious, but he thinks it's funny, and it usually does the trick. ;-)
Once Matthew was born, I discovered that it was soooo time to start making a grocery list. I found myself distracted at the store and usually in a rush, and I started forgetting a lot more things that I needed. There was also a lot more that I needed to buy since I started trying to get all my grocery shopping done for the week in one day. So, I finally started making a grocery list.
And wow, making a grocery list is SO much better. I really should have done it sooner.... which got me thinking a couple weeks ago that perhaps I should be making even more lists for myself So last week I made myself a To-Do list and felt like I had one of the most productive weeks ever. Even if I didn't get everything done, I at least got more done than I would have without it.
2 comments:
MICHAEL cleans the bathtub??? Wow. Ask Spencer how many times he's done that (zero).
I wish I could add a complaint here about my husband to fit the mold, but I can't. What I can say, is that I never make a grocery list and I buy the weirdest stuff. So I support listing.
Post a Comment