Saturday, April 13, 2013

Spontaneous Vegas Trip

We went on a random, last minute trip to Vegas!  Michael had to go anyway, and was originally going to be gone for less than 24 hours as he road-tripped by himself.  However, as we were bathing the kids Wednesday evening, we kept going back and forth every few seconds about whether or not we should all go ...and then decided- why not?  It's hard and a huge pain in the neck to travel with babies, but once our kids are older and have school, we won't be able to just pick up and leave town whenever we want.  Might as well capitalize!  Besides, I thought it would do us all some good to mix up our schedule a bit.  So, an hour later, we were on the road.  By 2 a.m., we were in Vegas.

Highlights from the trip include:

-Kate getting to meet her great-grandparents on my side for the first time.  My kids have three sets of living great-grandparents - how cool is that?  



-Lots of grandparent time!  I loved when my grandpa rocked Kate while singing, "I'm a Little Teapot."  I used to love that song when I was a toddler.  Also, there was a dog at both of my grandparents' houses.  Matthew was thrilled about that.  And my grandma introduced Matthew to chocolate goldfish - which are delicious, and I didn't know existed.

-Trampoline jumping!  Matthew was a wimp at first but warmed up eventually.  :-)




-Going to Michael's favorite pizza place in Vegas.  The boys were in heaven!  (Okay, I was too - it was delicious).




-Listening to Michael talk trash to my grandma while he played her in Rummikub.

-Getting to show off my sweet baby girl.

-Surprising my mother-in-law at work.  It was the first time she'd seen the kids since Kate's birth.

-Making homemade bread with my grandma, and eating way too much of it.

-Kate was such a good little traveler!  I was pleasantly surprised.  Sure, she had her moments, but she actually napped better in Vegas than she does here!  And when we got back home, she woke up and was giggling.  Guess she had a fabulous time.  (She then went right back down like an angel).  Matthew had fun too, and it was great for him to have new adventures, but he struggled a little more in the sleep department while we were there.  ;-)


deliriously tired and giggly

It was a super quick trip so we'll have to go back eventually and stay longer.  Until next time, Vegas!



2 comments:

hales said...

I miss the kids! Wish I could have gone too.

GHFamily said...

Spill! What's the name of the pizza place?