I have always said that Kate has been a huge ray of sunshine since the moment she was born, and she continues to be just that. Even with the bit of sass she has developed over the last six months or so, ;-) we can't help but love her easygoing personality and bright countenance. She makes us all happier just by being around.
Kate is a smarty pants. She can sing her ABC's and knows most of her letters and most of her colors. She has recently really started to love books that involve an actual story. Her favorite books include the Princess Baby books, Green Eggs and Ham, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Curious George books. She also loves songs and her favorites include I Am A Child of God, Once There Was a Snowman, Frosty The Snowman, The Wheels On The Bus, and The Itsy Bitsy Spider. She is not that big into TV or technology but she definitely loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and all things Minnie.
Kate is definitely my independent child. I remember saying to Michael when she was about six months old, "Oh my goodness! Look at her! She's just sitting on the floor playing with a toy!!! We always wondered what it would be like to have a kid that did that and now we know!" Haha. She is still pretty good about playing by herself for short periods of time, but she is also good about playing with others if they want to play with her. However, she is NOT a fan of having her toys taken away or having what she is doing disturbed. Matthew tends to do this to her a lot and I can often hear her screeching at Matthew to, "GO TO TIME OUT!" It's pretty hilarious. While she does tend to fight with Matthew several times a day, she also loves him. He is usually the one who greets her first every morning when she gets up and she lights up like a Christmas tree when he walks in. He enjoys teaching her things and she likes learning from him. He shows her how to be a troublemaker and she loves every second of it. Despite the fighting, they are best friends and it makes my mom heart happy.
(Matthew stuffed her romper FULL of rocks). :-)
Kate is still a horrible napper. Always has been, and my guess is that her napping days are just about over. It's okay though - she is still a DREAM at night. She only gets up in the night if she's sick.
Kate loves to be outside. She has a blast at the park and is brave about the big slides. She is very strong for her size and also very flexible. I need to get her in gymnastics or dance soon!
Kate definitely went through a picky eating stage, but she has gotten a lot better in the last couple months. She will actually eat a good amount of fruits and veggies which is so nice. She continues to LOVE "sauce." (Ketchup and Ranch). And if you want to make her life, give her fruit snacks and "chock-it." (chocolate)
Kate is obsessed with "jewels." Her outfit is not complete without a necklace. She also loves having her nails painted. After I do her hair, she also likes to choose her own bow. She loves pink and princesses. Yes, she is a girly girl and yes, I love it. ;-)
Kate is silly, fun, beautiful, sweet, and such a joy. I am eternally grateful that I get to be her mother.
Kate's birthday was on a Friday, so we sort of celebrated on Friday, but did her big fun activity on Saturday so that Michael could be part of the fun. ;-) On her actual birthday I made her scrambled eggs (her request) for breakfast and took the kids to a park that we don't often go to. That made it more exciting I think. ;-)
That evening after Michael got home we had pizza for dinner and then had a little family princess party. All afternoon she was dying to dig into the cake! I made her wait until after dinner when we were all together, but I did let her lick some frosting after this picture. :-)
She thought the whole blowing-out-the-candles thing was pretty awesome, though she did need a little assistance.
And then Michael helped her dig in!
Okay okay, we ended up giving her a fork. :-)
For her birthday she got Minnie Mouse books, a Princess Baby book, wall decals, a baby doll, a zoo toy, and a bubble machine. She loved everything.
The next day we took her to Jump Street. They have a toddler area where you can jump on trampolines and play on a bounce house with a slide. Kate loves it and so does Matthew, so we all had a blast being there for her birthday activity.
We love you Kate!





No comments:
Post a Comment