Saturday, September 10, 2016

The End of Summer

I guess that summer around here pretty much goes until the middle (or end!) of October, but I'm starting to get into Fall mode despite the weather so I'm gonna pretend summer is over.

After we got back from Utah we still had a week with Michael before he went back to work so we got a lot done around the house and also did some fun things together as a family. I found an awesome deal on Diamondbacks tickets, so we took the whole family to a game. It was Josh's first game, and I was reminded why 1 year olds are pretty much the worst at baseball games. ;-) Haha! No it was fun, and super cheap, so totally worth it! (I love stadium food!) Also, Chase Field is awesome and VERY kid friendly. It has kids play areas, a kids batting cage, etc.




We also had a family pass to the Arizona Science Center this summer. We went probably 5 times. (It was financially worth it after only 2 times.) The kids liked it and we went both with Michael and without. A good activity for those super hot days! These couple pictures were taken at the Bug Exhibit. Matthew was in absolute heaven. I was nearly traumatized by the giant scorpions and tarantulas they had there.




It is hot hot hot here! Check out the temp on this afternoon! Eek!


Swimming and more swimming. It's always nice to go on Saturdays when Michael can be there.


S'mores in the oven! Not as awesome, but still oh so delicious! (By the way, make them with Reese's! Oh my goodness.)



Kate was having bad dreams about bad guys, and one morning she came in our room crying and said, "I had a bad dream that there was a naughty guy in my room and DADDY DIDN'T SHOOT HIM!" Hahaha. So that night I walked into Kate's room to find this. Protector Dad! :-)


I sent that pic to my mom and she sent this back. Protector Papa! Haha!


It seemed like a mild monsoon season this year, but we did have a couple smallish storms. The kids loving using their umbrellas.


Little Miss Independent loves painting her own nails. Lots of nail painting going on this summer!


And we celebrated 6 years of marriage! Our anniversary this year was on a Sunday so we went out the night before to this cool steakhouse named Steak n' Stone. They bring out your steak sizzling on a stone and you can take it off whenever you want. It's actually super awesome and delicious.



The kids also got sick a LOT this summer. Agh. The summer is definitely our sick season. We finished it off with a bang - HMFD! Awful!! But other than all that, it was a great summer. We are all more than ready for Fall though!

No comments: