Earlier this week, I decided that we should finally go check out the lake that we live pretty close to. It's HOT here, and I thought it would be nice to pack a lunch, have a picnic on the sand, and then wade in the lake. Sounds nice, right? Once we got there, we saw a picnic table under the trees. Within one minute, we had seen about four HUGE spiders hanging out under the table and the flies were attacking our food like crazy. Gross! I also heard some suspicious animal noises that scared me to death. So we packed up our food and moved closer to the water. Sadly, there was no sand- only rocks. We set down our towels on a big rock and figured we could dangle our feet in the water while we ate. This time, we made it a whole two minutes before the spiders (and this time, mosquitoes) made an appearance and we chickened out yet again. We were sweaty and creeped out and decided to just leave. We didn't even go in the water- no one else was in the water and apparently there are poisonous water snakes here. Ugh! So yes, we are lame.... and incredibly wimpy. I did take one picture to prove that we at least tried to appreciate the nature around us.

We enjoyed the rest of our lunch in the comfort of our air conditioned apartment. Seriously, someone needs to take our poor little boy camping because I would love for him to actually appreciate things like that, unlike his parents. :-)
5 comments:
I see Boy Scouts in the little guys future. Sounds like Michael needs to be the Scoutmaster.
Ah, you can always turn to Uncle Jordan for any of that crazy outdoor ish. As for me, I'm obviously with you. I died laughing the other day when I found this, it pretty much sums up my sentiments on the subject: http://pinterest.com/pin/61105174/.
xox
Having gone to girls camp the last 4 years, I still say "ugh" to camping!
If you can "camp" in the Carribean, why in the world would you think about any other place??
Start small and make him a caterpillar cake for his first birthday.
Post a Comment