
Being a mom is the hardest and most amazing and wonderful adventure I've taken in life. I'm lucky to have learned a ton about being a mom from all the amazing women in my family and life, but I owe it to Matthew for teaching me the most. He has taught me more than I can say about love, laughing, and appreciating all the little moments in life. I have no idea how I ever lived without this little man, and I'm so thankful that I'm sealed to him and Michael forever. Earlier today I was thinking about all my favorite things about being a mom, and I thought I'd share some.... (in no particular order)....
- I love that Matthew inspires me to be my best self. He is such a motivation to keep learning and build my patience, compassion, and relationship with the Lord.
-I love his smiles and giggles. They literally make my day, every day.
- I love how much he learns every day. It's amazing to see such major progress so fast!
- I love that he looks just like his dad, and I love watching those two together.
- I love that he has helped me and Michael grow even closer.
- I love those little baby hands and baby feet. Everything is just so dang cute.
- I love the little life lessons he teaches me.
- I love being able to comfort him when he is sad.
- I love knowing that I am fulfilling my most important calling in life.
- I love kissing those cheeks!
- I love teaching him things.
- I love his pouty face. Even though it usually means a tantrum is about 2 seconds away, it's just so dang cute.
- I love watching him get excited about new tricks or toys.
- I love how much I still have to learn! Matthew is only 3 1/2 months old for goodness sakes- I'm not exactly the most experienced mother out there. :-)
I am so lucky I get to spend my days hanging out with him!
4 comments:
You are such a great mom Carly! How have I still not seen that little guy in person!? Not ok. :) Miss you all!
I love coming home from work every day and seeing the most amazing mother. Carly, here is what I love most about you being a mother:
-I love seeing you teach Matthew
-I love seeing you comfort him when he is sad
-I love seeing you sacrifice for him
-I love when you two play together
-I love when you talk to him
-I love how you make me feel so much a part of this whole process despite me being at work all day
-I love that you still make time for me
-I love that you literally give all of yourself for this family
-I love you
Awww...
Now I can't remember what I was going to leave as a comment.
I wanna kiss those little cheeks too. Soon!!
Post a Comment