Kids, that is. :-) Last week I flew to Fremont, CA to watch Cheri and Spencer's (my sis and her husband) kids for 6 days while they went on a well-deserved vacation. Her three kids, plus Matthew, put the kids' head count at 4. Luckily, her kids are awesome and well-behaved so it wasn't that hard, just busy! Also, Michel got to join me for a few days, making it even more fun. (It's no secret that he's the fun one).
We spent one morning in San Francisco while the two oldest kids were
at school. I was telling Michael that after NYC, I think that SF is the
coolest city I've been to. (I really haven't been to that many cities,
but still. I love SF).
We mostly just explored Pier 39 and drove through downtown SF. We didn't cross the Golden Gate but we had a pretty good view of it from the pier. The boys were so well-behaved and made it so fun.
The days went by quickly and soon it was time to say good-bye. I miss those kids already! So does Matthew. It was a fun trip, and the main things I learned from it are:
-All of my boys will play Little League.
-You should probably watch how much self-serve frozen yogurt kids get from the machine, or they'll end up with enough for 10 kids. Seems obvious, but sometimes you just don't think about these things when you're the mom of one baby.
-Kids really are so easy to please. One night they begged for Ramen for dinner, and I think that was their favorite meal I made them. Hmm, it's probably a good thing I'm working on my cooking skills.
-I really want an iPhone.
-I absolutely love the age that Matthew's at right now, and I'm going to appreciate his babyhood as much as I can, but I'm also so excited to watch him grow and get to know him better and better as his personality continues to develop.
Yogurtouille
Tanner, Matthew, and Emma
My parents watched the kids for the last 4 days of Cheri and Spencer's trip, so we got to see them too!
Plane ride home (Matthew did awesome!)
Hopefully the next time we go to Fremont, we'll be able to hang out with Cheri and Spencer too! :-)



4 comments:
Thank you, a hundred times over!! Now you know why kids come ONE at a time. It's a nice warm-up for when there are a lot.
Go get an iphone! :)
Wow I am so impressed you did that! What a sweet sister. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Matthew is so adorable! Hope you guys are doing great!
Sister of the year! You are so awesome to do that! I am glad you had so much fun! Nieces and nephews are awesome. You should definitely just get an iphone :) Matthew is ADORABLE!
San Fran is way fun!
Post a Comment