Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom

I cannot even describe how much I adore being a mom.  During these last 8 1/2 months I have had some of the best times of my life.  There are so many women and mothers out there who have taught me so much and been amazing examples to me, but here are a few of my favorites:


1 - My sis!  Cheri!  I always tell people that being the younger sister is way better than being the older sister.  Not only did I get a ton of clothes, I have also been copying her my entire life.  I read the same books she did as a kid, and then registered for a bunch of the same classes in college.  Now I am always asking her for advice on baby stuff and all kinds of other random things.  She's seriously a pro at everything.  (And when I say everything, I mean it!)  You can't blame me for being such a copycat. 

2 - Laura married my brother right before I went into college, and she is the perfect match for him, and the family.  She is unbelievably nice and easy to get along with- exactly the type of person you want to marry into your family. She is also very talented, and manages to keep up with those talents with three little kids. I have a hard time doing that with one kid!

3 - Karen is my husband's sister, and I can tell you that her being in Michael's life has made him a better person.  She is smart and funny and is raising two amazing girls that I get to now proudly claim as my own nieces.  She is the type of person that always does the right thing in any situation.  Hopefully I can be more like that!

4 - I knew as soon as Michael told me about his mom that I would love her - and I do!  She is sweet and giving and always wanting to help.  Sometimes I wonder if she ever does anything for herself.  She is also one of the hardest workers I have ever met.  Plus, she happens to have raised a guy that I kind of like.  ;-)  I am so glad I married a guy with such a nice and wonderful mother!

5 - My own mom!  I owe her way too much.  I am really starting to get just how much she did for me and my siblings, and it's overwhelming.  She is hilarious, fun, way more stylish than I am, smart, and talented.  She loves the Gospel and raised me to be that way as well.  I will forever be grateful for the lessons she taught me and for being such an amazing example of motherhood and everything that it entails. Oh, and if anyone knows how to throw a party, my mom does.  Seriously.  (more on that later)

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

hales said...

Aw- thank you. It's a blessing to have the children that I do.

Cheri said...

Happy 1st official mother's day!