Me and Michael have plenty of snow clothes from our college days, but our poor desert babies own maybe one or two sweatshirts each. Haha. We brought lots and lots of layers for Matthew, plenty of snacks, and all kinds of other random bags of stuff (amazing how much more you have to pack with babies/toddlers!) and jumped in the car on Saturday morning. The drive was smooth sailing. Kate slept and Matthew was an angel as long as we occasionally sang Old MacDonald and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and kept the Goldfish coming. And it was really nice to be able to just sit and talk to Michael.
We got to Flagstaff and didn't even have to go up the mountain - since Matthew is so young and we wouldn't be sledding or anything, we just found a park in the city and went there to play. Nice, because it was definitely warmer and easier than going up the mountain. I fed Kate in the car and watched while Michael took Matthew out to the snow. I actually suspected that Matthew might not be the biggest fan, but as it turns out, he thought it was awesome. Seeing his reaction made the whole trip worth it right there.
And then I got out (with Kate snuggled in her car seat) and joined them. I don't care at all that Matthew has probably already pretty much forgotten his experience in the snow - I'm just happy that he had such a great time and that we made more family memories.
Yeah, Matthew's wearing my gloves. At first he didn't want to, but a quick fall in the snow made him change his mind. :) Life was much better after he put them on.
And then, a quick stop to Chick-Fil-A for lunch and diaper changes before heading home.
There was definitely some whining/crying on the way home, but it was mostly smooth as well. So glad we went.
On another note, yesterday was Matthew's first official day of nursery! He did well, as I assumed he would. After dropping him off he went straight for the toys and didn't look back. Really - he wouldn't even look at me when I tried to tell him good-bye. And when Michael tried to give him a kiss good-bye, he shoved Michael away. Ha! That's our Matthew. ;-) He was, however, happy to see us when we came to pick him up.... so maybe he kinda loves us after all.
Kate is doing well, though she screams literally every night at bedtime for a solid two hours. (Or more). It's awful. Nothing can be done to stop it - and trust me, we've tried everything. Luckily she makes up for it by being pretty good during the day and having the cutest little smile in the world. Gosh I love my babies!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
_edited-1.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
You have adorable babies, Carly! And they just keep getting cuter! I love Matthew's smile on your family photo. What a happy little man:) He'll be such an awesome big brother!
He looks so happy! Success!
You had me at Chickafil
Post a Comment