Monday, February 11, 2013

Kate's First White Dress

We blessed Kate here in Phoenix yesterday.  My parents came down for the occasion and as usual, made me feel like I was on vacation.  They even took over kid duty for a few hours on Saturday and me and Michael got out to see a movie!  I love my kids to death, but it sure was nice being out with just Michael!  Thanks Mom and Dad!

Anyway, the blessing was perfect.  I kinda expected Kate to cry through most of it, but she was a champ and didn't make a peep!  (I think she slept).  :-)  

I made the mistake of saying to Michael as I was getting Kate dressed, "Awww, this is her first of many white dresses...."  It made him emotional, so he considered it a very rude thing to say.  ;-)  It's true though, and I'm so thankful that I've been given the responsibility and blessing of raising a daughter.  Kate really does bring such a special spirit into our home.








3 comments:

Kelsie Peterson said...

She looks so perfect in her first white dress!

Unknown said...

She is so sweet! I love her blessing dress, it is really pretty.

hales said...

Miss those kids! (ok, and you too.)