Monday, May 20, 2013

A Few Things From Over The Weekend

1.  It was a weekend of firsts for Kate.  We all went to the pool and it was Kate's first time getting in.  She loved it and spent most of the time relaxing in her (very cute) float.


It was also Kate's first time having solids!  I must admit that I was almost sure that she wouldn't be ready yet and would hate it, but did it anyway so I could get some funny pictures.  I know, I'm terrible.  :-)  I gave her some oatmeal and this was the result:


Yep, lots of gagging.... and Michael couldn't take all the gagging.  It made HIM start to gag, and he had to look away.  I, of course, found that absolutely hilarious.


2.  Matthew had a couple scary experiences.  First, he fell head-first into the pool while walking along-side it.  Oops!  Luckily I was RIGHT there and pulled him out immediately, but I don't think I've ever seen him look so terrified.  Poor guy.  And then on Sunday morning, he pulled his very large dresser down on top of him!!!  He has literally never touched his dresser before this incident so I have never been paranoid about this happening.  I learned my lesson!!!  I think my heart stopped when I heard the crash and then the crying.  The dresser isn't insanely heavy, but I'm pretty sure I could have lifted a tractor off of him with the adrenaline rush I experienced.  The second it happened I yelled for Michael, (and he came running) but I had already pulled it off of Matthew by the time Michael got there.  Thankfully, there were no injuries.  Love this crazy boy of mine!


3.  Michael is going to Boston soon for training for his new job.  Over the weekend, I booked tickets to fly to LA with both kids while he's there to give the kids some grandparent and beach time.  And here I thought that flying with one kid by myself was hard......  wish me luck, because I'll need it!  (And any advice is appreciated!)  :-)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ask the flight attendant for a cup of ice and let Matthew play with it on the tray table. Good for hours of fun! Better ask for napkins too.... good luck!

Kelsie Peterson said...

Sounds like a fun and scary too. You never know what what those boys are going to get into. I agree though, mama bear instincts can come out pretty quick if needed. :)

hales said...

I wish I would have seen Michael gagging. I would have been on the floor with laughter! (I make no bones about the fact that I would be laughing AT him.)