Tuesday, May 28, 2013

At Just Over 4 Months Postpartum....

..... my postpartum hair loss is at its peak.  UGH!  I cannot even tell you how much I hate this.  Does anyone else get it really really badly??!?  Or is it just me??  I was really hoping that I wouldn't get it so bad this time around, but at 3 months postpartum (pretty much to the day) my hair started falling out and it just got worse and worse.  Pretty sure it's at its peak right now.  At least it better be, because if it gets any worse I'm pretty sure I'll go bald.  Please be over soon.  I am so sick of wearing ponytails and buns all the time because I'm so paranoid about hair getting in places that it really really really shouldn't be.  Like dinner.  Yuck!  (Luckily that hasn't happened because I'm super careful, but it would be nice not to have to be so paranoid about it).

..... I am remembering just how fun each stage (with a baby) is!!!  Goodness gracious, my baby is just adorable.  Hard?  Sometimes.  A lot of work still?  Oh yes.  But man, she sure can melt my heart when I go get her after she has woken up and she smiles at me with her whole body.  Or when she tricks me by grabbing my hand and I think she is just so cuddly and affectionate but really she just wants to shove my hand in her mouth and chew on my fingers. Or when Matthew sprints by her and she jumps because it scares her but then she giggles.  Babies are just the cutest.  And the best part is that I now know that each stage is just as fun.... even when they're no longer babies.  (Matthew is currently a blast too).

...... sleep training isn't fun.  Ugh.  I totally believe in it and I do it, but I also believe that every kid is different and most don't follow the "do-this-for-three-days-and-your-kid-will-be-perfectly-sleep-trained-for-life" theory.  Some do, and that's great, but mine don't.  It took a good 8 or 9 months for me to properly sleep train Matthew, and I was pretty strict with him.  (And I know people who try and try and their kids don't get sleep trained until well into toddlerhood!)  Kate is a pretty good night sleeper, for which I am SO grateful, but we are still working on sleep training for naps.  She does great with a schedule, but it's not always (or even often) possible to stick to a strict schedule when there are other things going on.... so we're working on getting her down for naps more easily.  I really do have a love/hate relationship with sleep training though.  It's not fun, but the results are so worth it.

And a few pictures of life lately, just because.




2 comments:

Cheri said...

haha the swimsuit and sunglasses...

my hair stopped falling out at 6 months :-/

hales said...

Can't wait to see those babies this weekend!